- Programming tool package allows programmers to integrate Veriteq data logger functions within their own Windows 95/98/2000/XP or NT applications
- Provides complete software building blocks for data logger setup, real-time viewing, and data download functions without requiring standard Spectrum Software package
- Reference manual provides complete program function documentation
- Package includes example programs to get you up and started quickly
The Spectrum API is a programming tool package that allows developers to communicate directly with Veriteq data loggers from a wide range of standard and custom applications running under Windows 95/98/2000/XP and Windows NT 4.0.
"We chose Veriteq data loggers because of the API software. It allows our own lab software to take real-time temperature and humidity readings and then print those values onto finished calibration certificates."
Customizable data logging solutions
The Spectrum API product allows customers to create their own automated data acquisition processes, perform specialized analysis functions, or incorporate logger data into standardized billing or reporting processes. The API is especially valuable for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) who want to incorporate Veriteq data logger boards transparently into their own products or software front-ends.
Full data logger functionality
The API package includes a Windows 32-Bit Dynamic Link Library (DLL) that provides the source for a full range of data logger function calls. These functions include the ability to download information (transfer data from a logger), obtain real-time values, read logger file data and more.
Powerful data logging software
The Spectrum API helps programmers develop their own data logging applications by masking and handling all of the low-level communication process between a Veriteq data logger and the computer. With it, you can enable data logger communications within such programs as Microsoft Excel, Access, Visual Basic, C/C++, LabVIEW or your own special Windows-based programs.
The Spectrum API program package includes an example add-in utility allowing you to setup, download and analyze Veriteq data loggers directly from within Microsoft Excel 97, without requiring programming or complicated setup. This utility provides a simple and easy-to- use interface for anyone who prefers to work only with Excel or needs to process data in special ways. The Excel Add-in adds a custom menu to Excel that provides full access to Veriteq data loggers. The Add-in saves the steps normally needed to export data using Spectrum Software. Installing and running the add-in is easy: simply copy the spectrum.dll file included in the Spectrum API to your Windows directory. Then enable the add-in by using the Tools, Add-ins menu item in Excel.
The Spectrum API supports Spectrum data loggers connected directly to any serial port of the computer.
Spectrum API Components
The Spectrum API package consists of the following components:
- SPECTRUM.DLL - Dynamic Linked Library file
- SPECTRUM.LIB - Import library file (for implicit linking to SPECTRUM.DLL)
- SPECTRUM.XLA - Spectrum Data Logger Add-in for Excel 97
- Miscellaneous include files
- Miscellaneous sample files
- The Spectrum API Reference Manual